Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's Valentines Day Not Christmas

So I'm watching TV last night and Radio Shack is running those ad's where people sit in the chair and tell others what they want. Well apparently they were so sucessful over Christmas that they continued the trend for Valentines Day.

This haired out women sits in the chair and says something to the affect of "Last year I told you not to get me anything for Valentines Day, and well you didn't. Well guess what sometimes that means the exact opposit and you should have got me something" Then she whips out the new Motorola Cell Phone d' Jour and says "get me this"

Now I'm not going to point out the quality of the commercial or the grating personality of the actress, after all it is just a commercial

BUT I am going to point out that I refuse to go down a path of rampent consumerism over a made up holiday. Buy you a freakin $300 cell phone for Valentines Day are you frakkin NUTS?? This is holiday made up buy a card company based on a Catholic Feast Day, it's NOT Christmas

Here's Radio Shack trying to convince people that they should be dumping hundreds of dollars on others for VALENTINES DAY, Really how damn gullible do you think we are? What's next Cell Phones for Arbor Day?

How about just writing your loved one a nice letter expressing how much they mean to you, and give them a flower you grew. Wouldn't that mean more to them?

No comments: